Hello again from all of us here at Slap Architects.
We have recently updated the website and invite you to have a look. We hope that you find it to be cleaner, responsive for mobile users and easier to navigate.
The Slap team recently completed several commercial projects and added them to our portfolio. Our clients come from all across Gippsland including Traralgon, Sale and Bairnsdale. It has been great to renew several relationships with local government, healthcare, education clients and builders as well as beginning new relationships and projects.
In addition to architectural design Slap have been able to apply specialist skills to these projects including:
- Technical building co-ordination on hospital projects
- Client funding application submissions design and costing
- Feasibility studies for refurbishments
- Office planning for several clients
- Town planning submissions for a wide range of clients
- Master planning for schools and other institutions
Many of you would have noticed the new public toilet building in the middle of Bairnsdale which we had great fun designing to make it both an iconic landmark and a functional, accessible public facility. While it has been the centre of some controversy, the feedback has been overwhelmingly positive on both the form and the function of the building. It’s the most talked about loo in East Gippsland!
Slap Architects have been involved with several federally funded Trade Skills Centres for Nagle College, Catholic College Sale and Lavalla College in Traralgon. We worked closely with the schools throughout the entire process, from the funding application through to the design, documentation and contract administration.
Slap have designed and completed new MRI suites for both Bairnsdale and Latrobe Regional Hospitals which are valuable additions to both health services, as previously patients had to travel long distances to access these vital, state-of-the-art machines. The projects themselves had quite challenging technical design requirements, requiring extensive coordination between the MRI suppliers, the magnetic shielding installers, services engineers, the clients and Slap.
Our other projects include:
- Offices and classrooms for Federation Training in the Academy building in Traralgon.
- Office extension for East Gippsland Water.
- Renovation of Accident and Emergency, Maternity and Administration departments for Bairnsdale. Regional Hospital and the creation of a new short stay unit.
- An extension to the Aged Care building for Omeo District Health.
- Renovation of the high dependency unit at Latrobe Regional Hospital.
The team currently have several projects in the design and construction phase which are keeping us busy. These include:
- Toorloo Arm Primary School – A new multipurpose building
- Nagle College – A new learning centre
- Bairnsdale Regional Hospital – Medical imaging fit-out and a new pathology department
- Bairnsdale Regional Hospital – New ward space.
- Gippsland Shire – New office feasibility and design
- Catholic College Sale – Refurbishments and new buildings
We aim to keep you the website updated with all of our new projects and news as well as interesting design and knowledge base blogs.
We encourage you to subscribe to email notifications of new content, or check us out on Facebook, LinkedIn or Google +.